Life Near the End (Poem)

//Life Near the End


It's a lonesome lane
Too quiet. Too comfortable to escape.
I rest my back, against the wall of thorns.
Thorns, whose roses never bloomed.
Fragrances that never filled the air.
With a loving gesture and a stoned heart,
I caress the vine, as though it would blossom
till eternity just by a touch.
A chill sent a shiver down my spine,
as a suppressed shriek echoed through
the silence.
My eyes darted, in search of a soul
 in the lifeless lane, but in vain.
Plodding down the lane,  a hundred years passed
in merely a couple of seconds,
flabbergasted, I turned around;
Tears, endlessly running down my cheeks.
The risen sun, smiles my way,
letting the roses blossom, far away.
Shining brighter than I had ever witnessed till date.
As I rush to embrace the warmth,
a gentle grip clasps my hand.
Freezing my time, gently pulling me out.
As I stand beside my body, drowning in regret.
If only I had embraced the goodness before it was too late...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson

Domestic Violence

Independence day