Defying The Teacher



“What the hell!!! How could you finish your lunch without giving it to me? You knew it was my favorite” Soofia screamed, catching hold of Mehvish’s neck. “SOOFIA! You don’t want to go to jail by doing that” Mehvish exaggerated by moving vigorously.

 It was Ameena’s usual behavior, whenever she gets angry on someone, she would hold their neck and shake them a bit. However, the best of our teachers, Mrs. Faroza, wasn’t aware of this. She was literally the best! Best means 'THE BEST'. Don't miss the heavy sarcasm.

As Soofia and Mehvish were carrying on their drama, we sat back, enjoying it until Mrs. Faroza stepped in. “Oh my GOD” she stared, as though her eyeballs might pop out any moment. “You are attempting a murder, Soofia?” she yelled, putting down the pile of books she was holding. “No no ma’am, we were just playing” Mehvish jumped in.

“Don’t take her side Mehvish, I know she was trying to kill you”

The second she ended her sentence, all of us burst into fits of laughter. And that hit a nerve, “SOOFIA, GET OUT OF THE CLASS. NOW!” she shrieked, enough for all the neighboring classes to hear. Soofia, silently stood up and walked out of the class. No matter how naughty she was with friends, she was a very obedient student and of course, topper of the class. “Come here betu” she called one of her pets and started talking about the latest Maybelline lipstick she had purchased. She had no intentions of taking a class, as usual. 

A couple of minutes later, we glanced at Soofia. Tears were flowing down her cheeks, her nose also contributed it’s share. All of us glanced at each other. ‘Why is she crying?’

“Should we get her in?” Zanhem asked, who was sitting beside me.

“Yeah, we have to request buddhi for it” I replied, to which she nodded.

“Ummm….Ma’am” I called out, “Soofia is crying a lot. Please forgive her. It was just a joke.” I requested, gulping down all my ego.

“No”

“Ma’am please”

“No”

“Janedo na ma’am, bachi se galti hogayi, maaf kardo” Zanhem jumped in. She was really good at this.

"No"

“Ma’am, Am fine. Nothing happened to me.” Mehvish added.

"No"

“Haan ma’am, Soofia ki adat hai woh. Forgive her na” I added too.

"No"

Soon, everyone from our gang, started pleasing her, and then finally, she said the GOLDEN WORDS, 
“Theek hai, uske liye itna bura dikhra toh you also go out and join her”

Just as she ended her sentence, I turned my head towards Zanhem asking for an approval, to which she replied by nodding. I stood up instantly and walked out with her. When I turned back to see, I saw only 7 people sitting in the class and rest were out with us. Trust me, I never more proud of my class.  Then.... I glanced at extremely flabbergasted Mrs. Faroza.

‘OOPS’




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson

Domestic Violence

Independence day