Moon memories (A Tale)


Moon Memories 


I took you to my favorite restaurant, on our first date and that was the first mistake.
Now, the food there tastes like you. Then
you bought me my favorite scented candle
on my birthday and now my apartment
smells like you too. I can't wear the
sweater I wore on that day, we sat on the
dock to watch the moon. I can't seem to
move without running into a memory of
you. And goddamn I wish my heart was a
cassette tape, that these memories could
be erased and overwritten. And maybe I could replace a restaurant or a scent or a sweater.
But I can't move the moon. And maybe I
don't really want to. Maybe there's a part of
me that likes the way you still hang over my
head. And someday when I am ready the
moon will just become the moon again.
_Inked

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lesson

Domestic Violence

Independence day